kdevelop svn build error

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 15 20:01:32 CEST 2009

On 15.06.09 19:42:45, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 04 June 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > Are you saying that there is actually a file called
> > > KDE4Workspace__processui in kde but normally under a different name?
> >
> > No. Gentoo broke the FindKDE4WorkspaceLibs.cmake file or something
> > related to that. That file is installed as part of kdebase/workspace and
> > creates a CMaket target called "KDE4Workspace__processui" that is in
> > CMake "IMPORT" target and points to the actual library installed
> > somewhere in your system.
>
> Do you think the error would be easier to understand if the imported target
> wouldn't be called "KDE4Workspace__processui" but just "processui" ?
> I added the "KDE4Workspace__" as a prefix for the imported targets to make it
> clearer where they should come from and also to make it obvious that this is
> an imported target and not a file on disk.
>
> But maybe this actually makes it more confusing for people who don't know the
> details how it works ?
> What do you think ?

I don't think that would help, because then people would find
libprocessui.so and complain that kdevelop doesn't find it. After all,
for someone experienced with cmake and how things work in KDE its easy
to see whats going wrong here.

Also having the prefix makes it easier to suggest to users which package
they might need to install or report a bug against.

Andreas

--
You'll be sorry...