soprano's cmake file

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 23:33:58 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 July 2009 13:04:04 David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Very interesting - soprano (from kdesupport trunk) installs a
> > <prefix>/share/apps/cmake/module/SopranoAddOntology.cmake
> > and this runs into the same problems as above:
> > if <prefix> is not the kde prefix then the cmake file won't be found by
> > include(SopranoAddOntology).
> >
> > A solution is to add the soprano prefix to $KDEDIRS (because
> > findkde4internal.cmake adds the paths from KDEDIRS to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH),
> > but that seems quite wrong (soprano isn't a kde thing, but a 3rd-party
> > thing...).
> >
> > The soprano prefix is in my CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH already, but cmake doesn't
> > know that it should look into /share/apps/cmake/modules in there of
> > course. Should FindKDE4Internal.cmake also add those dirs to
> > CMAKE_MODULE_PATH?
> >
> > Of course one can also export CMAKE_MODULE_PATH but I was hoping for a
> > more automated solution, we didn't have to set that var until now.
> >
> > Yeah I know that I run into more problems than others by having a
> > separate install prefix for kdesupport, but well, why not ;)
>
> I am very open to fix the install path in soprano.

For now I would suggest <prefix>/share/soprano/cmake/ (the path
share/apps/cmake/modules/ is a left over from the beginning with cmake, and I
think we can't change it now for the kdelibs stuff, but soprano is
independent from that).

The attached patch doesn't change this, but it makes FindSoprano.cmake now
also search the macros  file and load it. This way the macro is automatically
available if soprano has been found successfully.

What do you think ?