soprano's cmake file

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jul 22 13:04:04 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> On Monday 15 June 2009 20:08:14 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
> > Some general notes:
> > -modifying CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is only necessary for installed cmake modules
> > -every installed cmake module (at least from kdelibs) has to be kept
> > compatible at least until the end of KDE4,
> > -so in general, we shouldn't install too many such modules
> > -more specifically, if possible, modules beside kdelibs should not install
> > such cmake modules, but kdepimlibs is also a "libs" module, so it is
> > somewhat special

Very interesting - soprano (from kdesupport trunk) installs a
<prefix>/share/apps/cmake/module/SopranoAddOntology.cmake
and this runs into the same problems as above:
if <prefix> is not the kde prefix then the cmake file won't be found by include(SopranoAddOntology).

A solution is to add the soprano prefix to $KDEDIRS (because findkde4internal.cmake
adds the paths from KDEDIRS to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH), but that seems quite wrong
(soprano isn't a kde thing, but a 3rd-party thing...).

The soprano prefix is in my CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH already, but cmake doesn't know that
it should look into /share/apps/cmake/modules in there of course. Should FindKDE4Internal.cmake
also add those dirs to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH?

Of course one can also export CMAKE_MODULE_PATH but I was hoping for a more automated
solution, we didn't have to set that var until now.

Yeah I know that I run into more problems than others by having a separate
install prefix for kdesupport, but well, why not ;)