KDE4 on cygwin, was: Re: KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:07:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Alexander Neundorf<neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

>> to make CMake behave correctly on Cygwin; one of
>> those patches removes the WIN32 define on Cygwin,
>
> That doesn't sound like a good idea, since it still is WIN32, and all
> documentation and postings on the mailing list will say that it has WIN32.
> So, please don't remove that.

Agreed.  If they're using WIN32 as a check for Q_WS_WIN then they're
doing it wrong.  =)

Most of the places where these types of things happened have already
been fixed in the wake of people working on the mac an win ports, but
if there's any left, they should be fixed in the code, not in removing
the WIN32 define.

In a similar vein, I have some Qt stuff to send upstream before it is
useful to anyone but me, but I've fixed a number of places where
they're doing Q_OS_MAC when they should be doing Q_WS_MAC throughout
the KDE codebase because I have got KDE building with Qt/X11 on Mac OS
X as well as with Qt/Mac.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development