FindBoost.cmake (Was: kdesupport-for-4.2 cmake error)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 11:11:22 CET 2009

On 20.01.09 21:29:48, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > Not really, if a project uses boost, one of its dev should _check_ that
> > > it still works with the newer version (As I said in the other mail,
> > > kdevplatform for example doesn't build with 1.37). And if he verified
> > > that, he can simply commit the change.
> > >
> > > IMHO you can't assume that your boost-using project will work just fine
> > > with a newer version.
>
> Are they that bad with keeping compatibility ?

I don't have that much long-time experience and kdevplatform/teamwork
compiles just fine with 1.33, 1.34 and 1.35, but I think maybe part of the
problem is that its a template library and hence keeping BC/SC is
relatively hard, so they simply don't try at all or just can't.

Andreas

--
Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.