phonon error when compiling kdebase

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:44:31 CET 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 2:45 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Orville Bennett wrote:
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18080
>> It looks like x11 code needs to be disabled. QX11info isn't something
>> we'd find on os x. Where's the proper placed to ask phonon?
>
> The kdemultimedia mailing list.
>
> Note we build Phonon on Mac several times a day (in Qt).
The link referred to phonon in kdebase. The problem seems to be that
the phonon-xine engine seems to have gained an unnecessary X11
dependency. I just never noticed it before and I have been able to use
it successfully.

> The phonon-xine
> backend should be disabled on Mac instead: using the QT7 or QTKit
> backends
> should be preferred.
I know about the qt7 backend but what's qtkit?
Using the qt7 backend is already preferred, but it's not required.
There's no good reason to have phonon-xine disabled on OS X just
because we have the QT7 backend available.
Especially when phonon_qt7 doesn't do everything asked of it (like
playback of certain streams).