Problems building trunk

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 19:03:10 CET 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > So, if you are using cmake cvs, update to current HEAD or current
> > CMake-2-6 branch.
>
> Thanks, this just solved the same problem for me too.

This is new in cmake 2.6.
If you say
find_package(Foo NO_MODULE)
cmake searches for a FooConfig.cmake in a set of predefined directories, which
are
(lib|share)/Foo-*/cmake
and since cmake 2.6.3 also
(lib|share)/cmake/Foo-*/

I.e. this includes all version-specific directories.

If you say
find_package(Foo 1.2.3 NO_MODULE)
cmake will check for a FooConfigVersion.cmake file next to the FooConfig.cmake
file which just compares the versions and has to "return" whether the version
matches or not.
This way let's say if you have
/usr/lib/cmake/Foo-1.0.2
and
/usr/lib/cmake/Foo-1.2.3
and you say
find_package(Foo 1.1 NO_MODULE)

cmake should find the FooConfig.cmake in lib/cmake/Foo-1.2.3/

This is wrapped by the FindKdepimLibs.cmake in kdelibs/cmake/modules/, which
internally does the
find_package/KdepimLibs NO_MODULE)