FindPlasma.cmake obsolete ?

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Sun Jan 4 16:59:25 CET 2009

Hello,

sekmadienis 04 Sausis 2009, Alexander Neundorf rašė:
> in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ there is a FindPlasma.cmake.
>
> But plasma has moved to kdelibs and is now found automatically by
> find_package(KDE4)
> which sets the appropriate variables like KDE4_PLASMA_LIBS etc.
Why do you want to make kdelibs monolithic so badly? Historically plasma was
not part of kdelibs and that didn't hurt anybody. Now that it is supposed to
maintain BC, that does not change anything. It can still be perfectly packaged
separately and I think most packagers will prefer it to be done that way.
Please do not artificially remove this *existing* possibility. Read the thread
from Gentoo people again about the reasoning behind it.

What is more, I'm starting to dislike that you are considering doing this kind
and similar changes so late in the release cycle. Don't you think that some
sort of freeze should apply to the build system too? There are numerous
packages which do find_package(Plasma) and will need to be fixed.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>