QEdje scriptengine cannot be built + PATCH

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Sat Jan 3 16:34:14 CET 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009 15:42:06 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2009, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > My basic problem was that qzion.h and qedje.h and the libraries where not
> > correctly found, if they where not in the same prefix.
> >
> > If there are upstream packages of qedje/qzion with the  patch applied we
> > can remove the check for eet again anytime, but till then I think we
> > should keep that additional check in
>
> I think so too.
> If something else is broken and we want to use it nevertheless, we should
> try to make it work anyway.
> Try telling a customer that it's somebody else's fault if your product
> doesn't work, he will just go and use something else which works instead.
> We give it to them to use it, so we are kind of responsible that it
> actually does work.

Well.. it stopped working for me with the recent commits, but well, I guess we
can just keep doing distro patching of kde - even though I don't like it.

This is effectively another part of "don't do linking for the fun of it"

(and qedje could really need a proper review of headers, but that's a different
issue)

/Sune
--
Genius, I'm not able to overclock the controller, how does it work?

The point is that from the control tools within X-Windows you neither should
install on the modem, nor should cancel a software to debug a Ultra connector.