ODE dependency in playground/games

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sat Feb 7 19:30:30 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I need to use a 3D physics engine in Kolf 2 (in trunk/playground/games
currently) and after evaluating some available solutions, I've come to use the
Open Dynamics Engine. By reading some modules, I composed the FindODE.cmake
script which is at [1] (ODE itself uses autotools). When I wanted to integrate
the ODE check into the CMakeLists.txt for playground/games [2], I noticed two
things:

1. The variable ODE_FOUND is already used to determine whether Astrododge is
built, but the find_package(ODE) call is in the CMakeLists.txt for Astrododge
[3], which is only included if ODE has already been found. What the...?
2. Astrododge comes with its own FindODE.cmake [4], but it looks weird to me
that paths like /usr/include etc. are hardcoded for Linux while .

What is, in your opinion, the best way to solve this mess? And which
FindODE.cmake implementation is better (I'm no expert on this topic)?

Greetings
Stefan

[1] trunk/playground/games/kolf-ng/cmake/FindODE.cmake
[2] trunk/playground/games/CMakeLists.txt
[3] trunk/playground/games/astrododge/CMakeLists.txt
[4] trunk/playground/games/astrododge/cmake/modules/FindODE.cmake