Help make KJots kontact plugin optional

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:24:13 CET 2009

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Monday 02 February 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to make it easier to build KJots.
>>
>> Currently it is necessary to checkout the entire kdepim module to build
>> it because the main application needs to be a KPIM::UniqueApplication so
>> that it functions as a kontact plugin.
>>
>> To make it simpler, I want to make building the kontact plugin optional.
>> The aim is to be able to tell new contributors to:
>>
>> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kjots
>> mkdir build && cd build
>> cmake ..
>> make
>
> Making modular builds easier is on my TODO for 4.3, so I will have a look
> at this in the next weeks.
> We need a nice way to do this, so it can be used easily everywhere.

As a stop-gap solution, I'd like to use the attached patch, and let new contributors know that they can use -DNOKONTACTPLUGIN to compile only kjots.

Is there anything wrong with it? Is this the right/wrong way to do this stuff?

Steve.

PS: Why is this list unidirectional through gmane? Any objection to getting that changed so I can post through knode easily?