Cross compiling KDE / Nokia N900

Marijn Kruisselbrink m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl
Wed Dec 23 14:24:18 CET 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 14:06:18 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>
> > We've been successful at getting Qt to cross compile for the N900. It
> > works much faster and requires no VM. In fact, it works with build farms
> > too, so get all the benefits of a normal build.
> >
> > Any chance we can get an effort started to make KDE cross-compileable?
>
> Yes, it's also on my todo, but it would be really nice if somebody else
> could actually do the work and I would just "guide" throught the necessary
> steps.
I did all the necessary steps about two years ago already, when I managed to
fully crosscompile large bits of kde to run it on an openmoko (or other
openembedded based) device, only I didn't commit most of that work I think
(although some of that might still be in branches/work/soc-plasma-sff (mainly
revision 824581 in that branch I think)), but probably some of the stuff of
how this is supposed to be done has also changed in cmake since then.

Marijn