Please test: modified FindNepomuk.cmake and NepomukAddOnto...cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 18:24:29 CET 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 19:35:24 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > I'm using cmake 2.8.0
> > >
> > > using my usual cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=...
> > > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull - DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=true
> > >
> > > cmake fails finding STRIGI_STREAMS_LIBRARY and
> > > STRIGI_STREAMANALYZER_LIBRARY
> > >
> > > if I add -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr the cmake run completes (I am using
> > > packaged strigi libs in /usr/lib),
> >
> > So this is about strigi ?
> > I have strigi e.g. in ~/Dashboards/installs/2.6.2/kdesupport/.
> > This is how it works for me:
>
> Hi Alex
>
> It was about 2 things - strigi suddenly failing to be detected, and an
> explicit include(SopranoAddOntology) being needed in kdelibs/nepomuk when
> FindSoprano already included it.
>
> The first problem has now resolved itself since Friday with clean build +
> install trees, and as so often happens, I didn't keep the old ones around
> as evidence.  Your test project detected my strigi 0.7.0 in /usr/lib as
> well.
>
> What is your take on the FindSoprano.cmake not finding
> SopranoAddOntology.cmake  despite earlier include() in my original reply?
>
> I did some more poking and FindSoprano is not looking in the right places
> for a system-installed copy of Soprano 2.3.70's SopranoAddOntology.cmake.
>
> Our package Soprano is built (by cmake 2.6.4) with:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
>  -DLIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/libexec -DLIB_SUFFIX= \
>  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release .. -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=OFF [1]
>
> and this gives:
>
> /usr/share/cmake/Modules/SopranoAddOntology.cmake

Hmm, it really should not be there. And I'm quite sure it doesn't get there
without special actions taken during install.
This is what I did now:

$ cd src/kde4-svn/kdesupport/soprano/
$ mkdir build
$ cd build/
$ export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/kde-qt/:/opt/rdf/
$ /opt/cmake-2.6.4-Linux-i386/bin/cmake -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DLIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/libexec -DLIB_SUFFIX= -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release .. -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=OFF
$ make
$ mkdir INST
$ DESTDIR=/home/alex/src/kde4-svn/kdesupport/soprano/build/INST make install
$ find INST/ -name SopranoAddOntology.cmake
INST/usr/share/soprano/cmake/SopranoAddOntology.cmake

So there must be something else done to get SopranoAddOntology.cmake
into /usr/share/cmake/Modules/. Is this maybe some very old file ?