KDE/kdelibs

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Sat Dec 5 22:09:43 CET 2009

On 5 Dec 2009, at 20:37, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Hmm, not sure how this should look like. qmake "just" generates the makefiles
> with the dependencies, it doesn't really call moc.
> This is what automoc does, it parses the source files and executes moc.
> AFAIK Kitware would be happy to have that functionality in cmake.
Sorry, I meant a combination of modifying moc and qmake to simplify Use/FindQt4.cmake a bit by simply probing qmake for the information rather than CMake having to look for it.

I agree that it might be a nice idea to have it in CMake if this isn't an option though.

> Yes, I saw that (and it still doesn't help me).
Sorry, misunderstood you.

> Please make one source dir where UseQt4.cmake is used, and run cmake on that
> source dir, and send me the resulting build dir (including CMakeCache.txt and
> the CMakeFiles/ subdir).
>
> And for comparison, please do the same without using UseQt4.cmake, run cmake,
> and send me the resulting build tree (which will not build successfully).

Please find it attached.

You've got the two build trees and both built as far as they can go with a out-of-tree build in the b/ subdirectory. For kicks, after the succeeded/failed I also ran qmake && make in the source directory so you can see what output it produces too.