KDE/kdelibs

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 23:21:59 CET 2009

On 4 Dec 2009, at 21:35, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Because automoc supports all automoc-features qmake provides, while cmake in
> general does not support automoc'ing (and the qt4_automoc() macro has by far
> not all these features and it would be unfeasible to try to do this in cmake
> script).
Ok, cool. With this in mind, do you think there would ever be any chance of getting this inside CMake itself (out of interest)?

> Write a simple hello-worl with Qt which needs to be mocced, and just use
> kde4_add_executable(). This should run automoc. Is this what you mean ?
> Or just use add_executable(), and use qt4_wrap_cpp() to process the moc file.
Cool, thanks!

> Can you please post both build trees or the compile commands, so I can see
> where they differ ?
> The UseQt4.cmake file does also not set any -F options.
They are both entered in the following attachment to the last mail which you should have got. Attached it again to this just in case. It should be obvious from looking at the CMakeLists.txt what to modify to see it work/not work.

> Hmm, not sure. Let's figure it out (but not today...).
Sure thing :)

testqt.tbz2 should be attached.