Please test: modified FindNepomuk.cmake and NepomukAddOnto...cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Dec 4 19:35:24 CET 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 23:01:32 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I had a closer look at the two mentioned files.
> > Some things where not as they should be.
> >
> > The tool rcgen was searched in the macro, that's not good. This should be
> >  done in the FindNepomuk.file, so I moved it there.
> >
> > Also, the macro modified the include path by calling
> > include_directories(). This also shouldn't be done, so I removed that.
> > As when using moc and similar things, the calling CMakeLists.txt has to
> >  make sure that CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR is in the include dirs.
> >
> > Please give it a try and adapt the users of this macro accordingly.
> > (they also don't have to include(NepomukAddOnot...) anymore, since this
> > is now done automatically by FindNepomuk.cmake.
> >
> > Please let mw know if it works.
>
> I'm using cmake 2.8.0
>
> using my usual cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=...
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull - DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=true
>
> cmake fails finding STRIGI_STREAMS_LIBRARY and
> STRIGI_STREAMANALYZER_LIBRARY
>
> if I add -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr the cmake run completes (I am using
> packaged strigi libs in /usr/lib),

So this is about strigi ?
I have strigi e.g. in ~/Dashboards/installs/2.6.2/kdesupport/.
This is how it works for me:

~/src/kde4-svn/tests/strigitest/b$
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/Dashboards/installs/2.6.2/kdesupport/ /opt/cmake-2.6.2-Linux-i386/bin/cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Strigi API needs 'signed char'
-- Found
Strigi: /home/alex/Dashboards/installs/2.6.2/kdesupport/lib/libstreams.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written
to: /home/alex/src/kde4-svn/tests/strigitest/b
~/src/kde4-svn/tests/strigitest/b$

(same with cmake 2.8.0)
I had to set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, since this is really no standard location.
If it is in /usr/lib, it really should be found.
Which version of strigi is in /usr/lib ?

Attached is a small separate example project which just searches for strigi.
Does this work for you ?
If it is in /usr/lib, you really should not have to set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
Please let me know your results.