broken FindQt4.cmake

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at
Wed Dec 2 13:58:03 CET 2009

Anne-Marie Mahfouf schrieb:
> On Wednesday 02 December 2009 11:59:18 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 02.12.09 11:48:16, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>>> I still have problems building Rocs (linking) on Linux:
>>> ../../lib/liblibrocsui.a(MainWindow.o): In function
>>> `MainWindow::executeScript()':
>>> /usr/local/trunk-src/kdeedu/rocs/src/Interface/MainWindow.cpp:349:
>>> undefined reference to
>>> `QScriptEngineDebugger::QScriptEngineDebugger(QObject*)'
>>> /usr/local/trunk-src/kdeedu/rocs/src/Interface/MainWindow.cpp:350:
>>> undefined reference to `QScriptEngineDebugger::attachTo(QScriptEngine*)'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [rocs/src/rocs] Error 1
>> Please post the linker line that is above the error when you run make
>> VERBOSE=1. Also a message("QtScriptTools: $(QT_QTSCRIPTTOOLS_LIBRARY}")
>> would be useful. And your CMakeCache.txt.
>> The FindQt4.cmake file doesn't seem to have any error related to that
>> variable, i.e. its set there properly. Maybe you need to delete your cache
>> file?
>> Andreas
> I deleted all my build files to rebuild against new kde-qt master yesterday.
> make VERBOSE=1    (clean)
> Linking CXX executable rocs
> qt/lib/ /usr/local/trunk-src/kde-qt/lib/
Here is the point why it doesn't link. It seems that this doesn't use
the latest FindQt4.cmake from r1057264 (probably it really doesn't since
you've build this yesterday).
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [rocs/src/rocs] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/annma/build/kdeedu'
> make[1]: *** [rocs/src/CMakeFiles/rocs.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/annma/build/kdeedu'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Anne-Marie
> PRECISIONS please read
> PS: Andreas, I know what I do and if I say there is an error then I built
> clean and you should take my word ( as I am a fellow KDE developer and I take
> my responsabilies and I usually know what I am doing). This goes for Patrick
> as well. I am the kdeedu coordinator and as such I need to ensure it builds on
> all platforms, Linux included and when I say it does not build, then it does
> not for me (I test!), clean (here it does not link properly). It was also
> reported to me by other KDE people, pointing to my responsability of this
> module maintainer. I reversed Patrick's commit in trunk so trunk is OK but I
> don't know about beta 1 tag.
> This is when   ${QT_QTSCRIPTTOOLS_LIBRARY} is in the CMakeLists.txt and when I
> build with
> QtScriptTools instead
> it's all OK (in trunk) (again, I did not check the beta 1 release tag and I
> just wondered if it was OK or not).
Yes, the problem is not whether or not to use QtScriptTools or
variable was not set correctly for gcc. Your fix was not the correct
solution in that sense and I would have preferred if you'd have asked me
instead of directly reverting my commit.
> Andreas, have a go with ${QT_QTSCRIPTTOOLS_LIBRARY} and tell me what you get,
> thanks
As I pointed out, this is not the problem and it now even works with
tonights kdelibs and ${QT_QTSCRIPTTOOLS_LIBRARY} ...

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)