Policy for extragear / playground folders

Michael Jansen info at michael-jansen.biz
Fri Aug 28 17:18:47 CEST 2009

Hi

I'm compiling quite a bit of kde with my own scripts. I prefer to compile
smaller packages for convenience. While doing that i noticed we don't have a
policy for directories like:

  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/devtools

  http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/plasma/applets/

Some of the directories in there compile standalone. Others do not. Which
leads to some frustrating compile sessions. As you can easily imagine having
the luck to checkout a plasma/applets version where all those applets compile
is rather rare.

In devtools for example icemon and cmake do not compile standalone. icemon
depens on cmake too. Most of the kdevelop plugins compile standalone.

So i would like to make all of the subdirectories in there compile standalone
and remove everything but add_subdirectory from the base dirs.

Any objections?

Mike