Working around CMAKE brain-damage

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 10 13:32:35 CEST 2009

On 10.08.09 12:31:23, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to resolve a problem I got when configuring varies KDE 4
> modules. CMake complains that it can not sane search paths for some libraries
> in particular qimageblitz and polkitqt. The reason it can set the search path
> is quite clear, CMake has for some reason found the system version of the
> libraries in stead of the development versions. When rpath is set with
> development dirs before system-dirs, linking will choose the correct
> development version and not the wrong system version CMake has picked.
>
> I've been debugging the modules and think I've found the source of the
> problem. The problem is a combination of that we do and what cmake does.
>
> We do:
> 1. Find the module using pkgconfig
> 2. Supply the pkg-config paths to cmake functions find_path and find_library
>
> What does wrong is that, find_path and find_library search the default system
> paths BEFORE searching the paths that you have asked it to search in.

Thats obviously wrong, but your patch is wrong too. What should be done is
using the HINTS keyword instead of PATHS for the paths we receive from
pkg-config.

Also this discussion should be held on kde-buildsystem (cc'ed now), not kde-core-devel

Andreas

--
There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.