LZMA support Re: KDE/kdelibs

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:35:41 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> What is going on with the symbols lzma_auto_decoder, lzma_easy_encoder and
> lzma_lzma_preset ?
> The liblzmadec.so I just built fresh from the original source package doesn't
> have them.
> Where should they come from ?
I've mentioned that in response to the original commit.

LZMA support is actually implemented via xz-utils [1], which seems to
be some kind of lzma-utils-ng. It's currently in beta and even has a
new file format, .xz. lzma-utils, which you have compiled, are stable
but provides no support for .xz files and doesn't have the functions
the cmake file looks for. It took me some time to figure that out too,
and I think the URL that macro_log_feature points to should be
changed. I also don't know if it's OK to (optionally) depend on beta
software.

[1] http://tukaani.org/xz