Can't configure kdevelop, unable to find kdevplatform

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 28 19:28:38 CET 2008

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> This looks to be caused by the simplification of FindKDevPlatform 9 days
> ago (I don't think I've built since then, anyway).
>
> It seems that, unlike the Find's for automoc, strigi, etc,
> FindKDevPlatform does not check CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. Since most people
> are probably installing kdevelop and kdevplatform to the same location,
> this seems like a reasonable thing to do, but I'm not entirely sure how
> to go about adapting e.g. FindAutomoc.cmake for KDevPlatform. (The naive
> way is to append CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, but automoc
> seems to do something better, but without more digging I'm not clear how
> it works. I'm hoping someone else will have a better idea.)

Hmm, looking more closely at FindAutomoc4.cmake, I wonder if someone has
jumped the gun requiring cmake 2.6.2? (Meaning, Alexander's comments in
FindAutomoc4.cmake imply this might be ok in 2.6.2, but it is NOT ok in
2.6.0 which I have.)

Since 2.6.2 is not required yet, what to do? I have it working currently
(see attached), but I guess for cmake 2.6.2 this is superfluous? (IOW, I
could commit it now with a note to revert when we require 2.6.2...)

--
Matthew
ESNR: signal to noise ratio too low (try a mailer without disclaimers)