Compile on Release Mode

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Fri Oct 3 07:42:45 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 01:03:06 David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 October 2008 16:40:52 Augusto Leite wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to compile KDE from sources, but cmake installs it on
> > > DebugFull mode. I am to install it on Release mode.
> > >
> > > I changed the script (from kde.org) and used:
> > >
> > > cmake "$srcFolder" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR
> > > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
> > >
> > > But it still installs on DebugFull mode. What can it be? Did I do
> > > something wrong?
> >
> > FYI:  Last I knew, building in "Release Mode" was not supported.
>
> Really !?!?! You mean that all the distributors making KDE packages use
> debug mode then? That surprises me.

Suse builds in release mode. Debian and fedora has patched in a "debian" or
"fedora" build type which gets the C/CXX flags from the environment and is a
different mix of the release and releasewithdebuginfo build modes.
iirc fedora uses -DNDEBUG -DQT_NO_DEBUG  where debian only uses -DNDEBUG

/Sune

--
I'm not able to log from the attachment from Linux, how does it work?

You have to forward from the coaxial proxy, so that from the file inside ICQ
2.8.4 you neither can ever upload a folder to a firewall, nor should ever turn
on the driver over a memory in order to reset a 2X 3D virus on the editor.