Compile on Release Mode

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Oct 3 00:41:28 CEST 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008, Augusto Leite wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile KDE from sources, but cmake installs it on
> DebugFull mode. I am to install it on Release mode.
>
> I changed the script (from kde.org) and used:
>
> cmake "$srcFolder" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
>
> But it still installs on DebugFull mode. What can it be? Did I do
> something wrong?

If you do this on an already existing buildtree, the "-D...." won't change the
entry in the cache.
So you have to change it in the cache or create a new buildtree. I would
strongly recommend creating separate buildtrees for the different build types
you want.
So you can have
kdelibs/
kdelibs-build-release/