Time for proper RPATH support in kdesupport?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Nov 30 21:15:36 CET 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>On Sunday 23 November 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> The rest of KDE is already Ok (has been for well over a year). Can we
>> get the same level of RPATH support in kdesupport too?
>
>Sure :-)
>I'm never sure how to handle the stuff in kdesupport.
>It's just, nobody complained about problems until now and I'm also not
>completely sure how to handle the things in kdesupport.
>They are (somewhat) independent from the rest of KDE, so usually I don't
> touch them too much.

Can you take care of this?

I have no idea what to change. Meanwhile, Akonadi is useless because it
gets improperly installed:

$ akonadiserver
akonadiserver: error while loading shared libraries:
libakonadiprivate.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

$ ldd =akonadiserver | grep not\ found
        libakonadiprivate.so.1 => not found
        libakonadiprotocolinternals.so.1 => not found

$ locate libakonadiprivate.so.1
/home/thiago/KDE4/lib/libakonadiprivate.so.1
/home/thiago/KDE4/lib/libakonadiprivate.so.1.0.80

$ objdump -p =akonadiserver | grep PATH
  RPATH                /home/tmacieir/obj/troll/qt-4.4/lib
  RUNPATH              /home/tmacieir/obj/troll/qt-4.4/lib

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358