Weird cmake 'errors'

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:36:49 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Marijn Kruisselbrink
<m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl> wrote:
> When I try to compile any module other than kdelibs on Mac OSX, I get lots and
> lots of "CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in CMakeLists.txt:
> GetLibraryNamesInternal called on imported target: kdecore", and similar
> lines. Fortunately cmake still manages to generate correct Makefiles, but it
> still is annoying. Is this something that is wrong in our usage of cmake, or

I can confirm this issue with the 4.1.80 packages that were just
released on the packaging list as well -- kdepimlibs errors out as
well.

I've made a minimal test-case (attached).  It outputs:

---(snip!)---
-- Found Phonon: /sw/lib/X11/lib/libphonon.dylib
-- Found Phonon Includes: /sw/lib/X11/include/KDE;/sw/lib/X11/include
-- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /sw/lib/kde4-x11/include
-- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /sw/lib/kde4-x11/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
/sw/lib/kde4-x11/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /sw/lib/X11/bin/automoc4
-- Configuring done
CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in CMakeLists.txt:
  GetLibraryNamesInternal called on imported target: kdecore

CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in CMakeLists.txt:
  GetLibraryNamesInternal called on imported target: kdeui

CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in CMakeLists.txt:
  GetLibraryNamesInternal called on imported target: kio

CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in CMakeLists.txt:
  GetLibraryNamesInternal called on imported target: solid

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/test/build
Sin:/tmp/test/build ranger$

This particular test case lets me do "make" afterwards and it still
works.  kdepimlibs, though, will just re-run cmake if I type "make"
after the initial cmake command.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development