installing and finding cmake-built projects

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Nov 18 11:35:59 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 November 2008 11:00:42 Mark Constable wrote:
> On 2008-11-18, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > Ah. speaking of which. Could you possibly perhaps rename
> > > kde's or qt's ? phonon.pc file. They're both named the
> > > same thing and overwrite each other.
> >
> > Don't install both. They also produce the same libraries
> > and the same include headers.
>
> Are you sure about this?
>
> For example, doesn't KDE's phonon include libxine but Qt's
> version does not ?

We were talking about libphonon. That code/library is in KDE's svn and Qt has
a copy of it. So installing both doesn't make sense (unless you're a developer
testing multiple versions).

It's correct that KDE provides the phonon-xine backend and Qt doesn't ship it,
but I don't see how that's related to the phonon.pc file.