KDE/kdegraphics/okular/generators/ooo

Manuel "Sput" Nickschas sputnick at quassel-irc.org
Mon Nov 17 11:57:15 CET 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008 22:35:28 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > reavertm sent me a patch [1], with the following comments:
> >
> > <reavertm> this is only 1st problem
> > <reavertm> the second is ... list expansion - QCA2_LIBRARY_DIRS is list -
> > not single entry so it don't work when ytou just add it to find_library
> > as aegument
>
> I think he's wrong here.
> If it looks like "/usr/lib;/usr/local/lib" then it should be perfectly fine
> to add it using a single variable to the find_library() call.
>
> And I think prefixing the variables coming from pkgconfig() with PC_ is
> something we should do, so we don't need code like that:
> set (QCA2_LIBRARIES QCA_LIBRARIES-NOTFOUND)
> and it becomes more obvious where the stuff comes from.

Well, whatever you say, you're the expert :) I'm not very familiar with
pkgconfig and the peculiarities of KDE's buildsystem.

But in any case, this should be fixed rather soon, since some important
packages (okular, kopete) have been failing for several days now. If you need
somebody to test something, I'd be glad to do it -

Based on your suggestion, I've created and attached a patch. With that, okular
builds fine on my system with QCA support.

If it's ok that way, I can commit it to the repo.

Greetings,
~ Sput
--
Manuel "Sputnick" Nickschas ("Sput" on Freenode)                  |  (o<
Member of the Quassel IRC Project - http://quassel-irc.org        |  //\