-O2 in Debug build?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 6 02:44:24 CET 2008

On 06.11.08 00:34:08, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 19 July 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 18.07.08 23:06:50, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Thanks for the explanation :-)
> > > Can you put that on techbase, somewhere related to cmake/building ?
> >
> > I'm putting it on techbase in a minute (if I find the right spot).
> > However I'd also like to add the information to FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> > and more importantly make Debugfull work with CMake 2.6. As I didn't
> > find a reference of CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES for cmake 2.4 I've set it
> > only for 2.6.
>
> Question (somewhat late, I know...)
> Why do you actually set CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES ?
> If I set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to DebugFull it works here with cmake HEAD and
> Makefiles.

Well, back then it didn't work. Unfortunately I can't recall the details,
so I can't exclude me having done something wrong. Anyway, I can't
reproduce any problems here with cmake 2.6.1, that is even without the set
for CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES I do get proper debug flags when using
Debugfull.

I don't see any problems though with a RelWithDebInfo or Debug build, none
of these two use the -g3 without any optimization here.

Andreas

--
If you can read this, you're too close.