[ANNOUNCE] automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu May 29 01:16:18 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf schrieb:

> > > I think we can make automoc from kdesupport required next week, and
> > > delete the one from kdelibs.
> > > Or is there anything speaking against this ?
> >
> > Yes, my problem with nmake :)
> >
> > Any news on this?
>
> I tried add_custom_target and it won't work in the automoc macros because
> there needs to be a dependency from the main target to the automoc target.
> And that cannot be added from the automoc macro because the main target is
> not defined at this point.
>
> add_custom_command(TARGET has the same problem.
>
> It would be possible to use add_custom_target and require the user to add
> the dependency between the two targets himself. In the KDE4_ macros we
> could do that...

Hmmm... then the target will just depend on this target, right ?
So if we had a macro which would be called after the actual target has been
created, like

add_executable(foo ${fooSrcs})
automoc4_target(foo ${fooSrcs})

would that work ?

In KDE we can hide this in the KDE4_ADD_xxx() macros.
automoc itself hasn't been released yet, so there is no problem.
What do you think ?

Will you be at LinuxTag ?