Reducing excess linkage - cmake 2.6 IMPORTED targets and LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for kdelibs

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Mon May 26 20:20:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

Monday 26 May 2008, Alexander Neundorf ra:
> Dirk, Sune, Modestas, any comments or interest in this ?
Thanks, it's already in use in Debian (for 4.0.80) and end results seem to be
fully compatible with my previous kdelibs 97 patch. However, I have a few
suggestions:

1) Could you split dependency generation code to the separate macro for e.g.
kdepimlibs and anything else what currently exports dependencies in the same
manner to use?

2) What about enclosing whole block (which resets _LIB_DEPENDS according to
LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES) in if (KDE4_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_LIB_EXPORT) or other
flag so lib export method can be chosen when building each app individually?

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>