Fwd: qca pkgconfig changes

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed May 21 11:25:28 CEST 2008

FYI.

Sorry - I don't have any time right now.

There might be a chance to rework the original moc hack too.

Brad

Subject: qca pkgconfig changes
Date: Wednesday 21 May 2008
From: Justin Karneges <justin-psi2 at affinix.com>
To: Delta Project <delta at lists.affinix.com>

In case someone wants to update the cmake build, I made the following changes
to the qmake build:

* If qca is built in debug mode on non-mac unix, then the pkgconfig file name
and fields no longer use the "_debug" suffixing and instead the pkgconfig
file is generated the same way as release mode.  This is to match the Qt
convention where on non-mac unix, there is no distinction made between
release and debug libraries in terms of naming.  qca 2.0.0 built on non-mac
unix in debug mode would generate a useless qca2_debug.pc file, pointing to a
non-existent library.  Thus, this change is an important bugfix, and should
not cause incompatibility.  The qca libs themselves already had the right
names.

[ Note well that on Mac, "_debug" suffixing is to be used for debug builds!  I
don't know if the cmake build handles this, so I thought I'd just say that
now just in case.  Oh and on windows there's a "d" suffix. ]

* pkgconfig files are now placed in the build tree under lib/pkgconfig rather
than lib.  This is to match the Qt behavior as of version 4.3.  Installation
is unchanged, the pkgconfig files still install into $LIBDIR/pkgconfig.  This
is only a change in where they are placed in the qca working build tree.

-Justin