KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Tue May 20 18:32:32 CEST 2008

Alle martedì 20 maggio 2008, Allen Winter ha scritto:
> > I don't think FindX11.cmake is the place to put this. It should be in the
> > KDE code that requires X11 in the first place. In fact, it should be in
> > the code that requires ICE and/or SM, since other parts of KDE may be
> > just fine compiling with X11, but not those two.
>
> I thought about that.. but SM is needed by kdeui/kernel/kapplication.
> And I don't see any point compiling KDE without it.

I do: there's no need to carry on all the kdelibs dependancies when compiling
other modules.
Use case: somebody install kde (or just kdelibs) from his distro (a
non-source-based one, be it debian, opensuse, fedora, ubuntu, etc), and then
develops an own application (or comple some other app). Then they basically
don't need the SM/ICE headers at all (and most probably not even the X11
ones).

--
Pino Toscano