kdelib CMakeFile should check if X11/SM/SMlib.h is available

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue May 20 16:42:53 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008 05:34:59 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> debian unstable ships said headerfile in libsm-dev, so it might be a good
> idea to check for the header file explicitly in configure, instead of
> having the compile fail with a missing include inside.

We currently don't complain about all the various sub-packages
and extensions within X that might cause build problems.
We look for many (see kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindX11.cmake)
but we don't complain if they aren't there.

I suppose SM and ICE are important enough that we could put something like:
if(NOT X11_ICE_FOUND)
 message(FATAL_ERROR "install ICE")
endif(NOT X11_ICE_FOUND)
ditto for SM.