Reducing excess linkage - cmake 2.6 IMPORTED targets and LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for kdelibs

Sune Vuorela debian at pusling.com
Sat May 10 09:31:31 CEST 2008

On Saturday 10 May 2008, you wrote:
> > > , stuff which links with
> > > KDE 4.0.x may not link anymore once this patch is applied
> >
> > thats the reason why the patch should be applied  to be able to
> > optionally use this feature as soon as possible, so that those who care
> > (I count debian and opensuse packagers here) can iron out all the quirks
> > and fix all
>
> Would the official SUSE packages be built with this patch enabled or
> disabled ?

The official debian packages are built this way. Kubuntu seems quite
interested in the debian work. So does Suse.

> I don't feel able to support two different link styles for KDE 4.1.

Luckily, you already got offers from debian (Modestas and me) and Dirk is
talking about "having distributions fix it" - and he is one of the Suse
people, so I think that is also a offer to help.

/Sune
--
How may I turn off the firewall over the line?

The point is that from Word 95 you need to save on a ISA FPU to a Fast PCI
case to log from a pin over a display.