automoc4

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri May 2 14:30:05 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Von: Matthias Kretz <kretz at kde.org>
> > On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Is there an easy way to enforce rerunning automoc ? Would it be
> > > possible to
> > > add a command line switch which does that ? Like e.g. deleting all
> > > generated moc files or something like that ?
> >
> > Alternatives:
> > 1. add a new target (I'd like to avoid that because it would add a lot
> > of I/O on a cmake run)
> > 2. make it easy to run automoc4 manually
>
> Yes, something like "automoc4 --clean" or something like this which does
> that for the current dir and maybe all subdirs would be nice to have.

How about the following:
- automoc, when done, writes an empty file <target>_automoc.notclean
- SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES
<target>_automoc.notclean)
- automoc will recreate all moc files if the <target>_automoc.notclean file is
not present (else it will work as it does now)

=>
after a make clean, running make which executes automoc will recreate all moc
files.

This would again need automoc to be called unconditionally (which I still
believe would be good to do - and the touch can be done by automoc itself,
which would be portable).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de