Silencing dependencies finding tests

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 1 19:52:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

the kdeutils/printer-applet/cmake-modules/FindPyQt4.cmake check produces some
noise if PyQt4 is not found:

--- 8< ---
Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/home/koder/Kode/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdeutils/printer-applet/cmake-modules/
FindPyQt.py", line 9, in <module>
    import PyQt4.pyqtconfig
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.pyqtconfig

Now I saw in the cmake docs one can silence this error by adding the parameter
ERROR_QUIET to the EXECUTE_PROCESS() call, e.g.
	EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ${PYTHON_EXECUTABLE}
		${_cmake_module_path}/FindPyQt.py
		OUTPUT_VARIABLE pyqt_config ERROR_QUIET)

Is this the way to go? Or should there be also some support for verbose
checks, to see why PyQt4 was not found? Is this done elsewhere, or am I
correct with not finding such a support?

Friedrich