[ANNOUNCE] automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jun 25 00:15:34 CEST 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2008 17:13:41 Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > Hmm, perhaps the target could be made explicit:
> >
> > add_automoc4_target(phonon_automoc phonon_SRCS)
> > add_library(phonon ${phonon_SRCS})
> > add_dependencies(phonon phonon_automoc)
> >
> > kde4_add_library/executable/plugin would hide all that.
>
> Please test the attached patch (esp. on Windows) and let me know what you
> think about this new automoc macro.

This patch adds the additional automoc target for every target.
KDE developers will complain that it got slower.
Can we have two versions of the macro, one with the extra target and one
without ?
The one with the extra target could be the one recommended for general use
outside of KDE. Inside KDE (i.e. KDE4Macros.cmake) the one without the extra
target could be used, except in the case where this doesn't work (nmake ?).
It should be possible to hide this in the KDE4_ADD_SOMETHING() macros.
What do you think ? Too much trouble for the speed gain ?

Another issue:
I think we should make kdesupport automoc mandatory ASAP. I won't be online a
lot next week. So if you feel like it is ready, can you please do that next
monday and remoev the old automoc from kdelibs at the same time ?