Reducing excess linkage - cmake 2.6 IMPORTED targets and LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for kdelibs

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 02:35:41 CEST 2008

2008/6/18 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:

> i.e. almost empty. I don't know if these settings are ideal. There were a lot
> of undefined references to X stuff in targets which linked to kdeui, so maybe
> X11_LIBRARIES should be added to the link interface of kdeui.
> There were also several errors with undefined references to libz functions in
> targets which link to kio, so maybe libz should be added to the kio link
> interface.
> What do you think ?

I've been watching this thread, but haven't had a chance to
investigate how it affects OSX yet.  I can tell you that OSX doesn't
allow undefined symbols (without some work)... do you know if anyone's
tested this stuff with mac yet?  Is it easy to turn off?  =)

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development

Blog: http://www.raccoonfink.com/