kde libs do not link properly to phonon

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 20:02:59 CEST 2008

Sorry it took so long to reply, I didn't notice this mail as i was
looking for the kde buildsystem email address.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> Looks like this was not Cc'd to you.
Thank you.

> --markc

> Subject: Re: kde libs do not link properly to phonon
> Date: Friday 13 June 2008
> From: "Benjamin Reed" <rangerrick at gmail.com>
> To: "KDE build system \(cmake\)" <kde-buildsystem at kde.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, ever since phonon move out of kdelibs to kdesupport libraries no
>> longer link to libphonon properlt on os x.
>>
>> The problem is that they link to libphonon.4.dylid instead of /path/to/
>> libphonon.4.dylib as with every other library.
>>
>> If you need more information just ask. and please CC me, i'm not
>> subscribed.
>
> Are you sure you don't just need to clean your kdesupport dir since
> this got fixed a while back?  phonon has "set(CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR
> ${LIB_DESTINATION})" which should set a proper install_name.
I just tried on a new machine that never had macports installed and it
still happens.
I've done  a make clean, deleted directories several times on the
other machine and the issue still persists. I don't know how this
could affect anything but i'm using gcc 4.2 for these builds.

orville at cubic:build$ otool -L /opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib
/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib:
        libphonon.4.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
        /opt/qt4/lib/QtDBus.framework/Versions/4/QtDBus (compatibility
version 4.4.0, current version 4.4.0)
        /opt/qt4/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore (compatibility
version 4.4.0, current version 4.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 111.1.1)
        /opt/qt4/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui (compatibility
version 4.4.0, current version 4.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.4.0)
        /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 1.0.0)

> (It's working for me...)
>
> bash-3.2# cd phonon; make install DESTDIR=/tmp/foo
> bash-3.2# otool -L /tmp/foo/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib
> /tmp/foo/opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.dylib:
>        /opt/kde4/lib/libphonon.4.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current
> version 0.0.0)
>

> --
> Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
> Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development