Old style headers

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 08:24:05 CEST 2008

On 16.06.08 00:35:09, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 15 June 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't revert.
> > >
> > > This isn't a political issue... well it is sorta.  Some people don't
> > > like using the forwarding headers were they aren't required
> > > because that makes compiling slower.
> > >
> > > But is an issue of having to take the time to fix something
> > > that shouldn't need fixing.
> > >
> > > I wonder if their is a simple "if(FreeBSD)"  hack we can put
> > > high up in the buildsystem to alleviate this problem??
> >
> > Well, the following woud work as long as nobody uses
> >
> > #include <QtCore/qobject.h>
> >
> > or similar. In our FindQt4.cmake the include-dir needs to get the order:
> >
> > <QtCore-includedir>:<QtGui-includedir>:...:<general-Qt-includedir>
> >
> > which would result in:
> >
> > /usr/local/include/QtCore:/usr/local/include/QtGui:...:/usr/local/include
> >
> > for David.
> >
> > Cc'ing buildsystem to ask wether that (re-ordering the include paths so
> > that the general Qt4-includedir is after those for the individual
> > modules)might be feasible.
>
> So the question is whether the Qt-module include dirs can be can be put before
> the general include dir ?
>
> What was the original problem ?

The original problem is that apparently FreeBSD maintainers of Qt3+Qt4
managed to install the headers of both version into /usr/local/include.
Which creates problems when using

#include <qobject.h>

as that is inside /usr/local/include and /usr/local/include/QtCore (the
first one being the Qt3 version, the second the Qt4 version). So with
include directories ordered as

-I/usr/local/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/include

we could work around that problem, without finding a couple of people
that go through KDE's code and change #include <qobject.h> to #include
<QObject>.

And before you ask: according to David the other option - fixing the Qt4
and Qt3 packages to use proper prefixes under /usr/local/include won't
happen in time for KDE 4.1.

Andreas

--
You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.