[ANNOUNCE] automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 5 23:33:55 CEST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Thursday 29 May 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > I tried add_custom_target and it won't work in the automoc macros
> > > because there needs to be a dependency from the main target to the
> > > automoc target. And that cannot be added from the automoc macro because
> > > the main target is not defined at this point.
> > >
> > > add_custom_command(TARGET has the same problem.
> > >
> > > It would be possible to use add_custom_target and require the user to
> > > add the dependency between the two targets himself. In the KDE4_ macros
> > > we could do that...

Yes, there it wouldn't be a problem.
Except that it is a bit slower, right ?
Do you think this would be acceptable for other projects ?
I mean it's a bit ugly, a target is created automatically without the
developer knowing it, and then the developer has to do something with the
target.
(we have something similar for kdeinit, and this is already not nice).