Linker search path problems?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 08:54:07 CEST 2008

On 05.06.08 01:02:27, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 05 June 2008, you wrote:

> > > Do you think the upgrade from cmake 2.4 to 2.6 or from phonon-in-kdelibs
> > > to phonon-in-kdesupport or both together ?
> >
> > Hmm. In fact I have been using cvs (which became 2.6) for a very very long
> > time, so that can't be it. Either it's a 2.5.x->2.6 migration issue, or
> > it's indeed related to phonon. I should really have kept that file around.
> > I hope Andreas has.
>
> I think I understand what happened.
>
> This is from FindPhonon.cmake:
>
> find_library(PHONON_LIBRARY NAMES phonon
>              PATHS ${KDE4_LIB_INSTALL_DIR} ${KDE4_LIB_DIR}
>              ${CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH} ${QT_LIBRARY_DIR} ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}
>              NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
>
> Inside kdelibs, KDE4_LIB_DIR is set equal to LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH. So as soon
> as phonon was removed from kdelibs and this FindPhonon.cmake was added, it
> searched for libphonon.so also in tge kdelibs build dir and found it, since
> nobody had deleted the library file. Simply deleting the library from disk
> doesn't change a lot, since the path is in the cache. Deleting the library
> from disk (make clean) and removing the entry from the cache should have
> helped.

Thats exactly what I did and it did help. The only thing I'm not sure
about is wether that phonon entry was there before I installed
kdesupport/phonon or not. I suspect the latter, i.e. the entry was
created before I installed kdesupport/phonon when kdelibs used its "old"
phonon (as my qt-copy wasn't build with phonon either for an unknown
reason)

> (still this doesn't help everybody who has the bad path right now in his cmake
> cache)

Well, they can just remove old phonon, remove the cache and re-run
cmake. Its not that much of a problem - IMHO...

Andreas

--
You work very hard.  Don't try to think as well.