automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 20:34:54 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Brad King wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Done, http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7146
> >
> >> I guess blogging about this once wasn't enough...
> >> ...how could anybody not remember all details from the blog of some KDE
> >> developer...
> >
> > Blogging? What's that? I don't have time to read blogs -and- mailinglists and fix kde bugs, sorry :)
> >
> >> Hmm, techbase...
> >
> > Yes -- and of course the cmake documentation itself (added CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to report 7146...)
>
> >From "cmake --help-command find_library":
>
>   1.  Search cmake specific environment variables. ...
>
>      <prefix>/lib for each <prefix> in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
>
>   2.  Search cmake variables with the same names as the cmake specific
>   environment variables. ...
>
>      <prefix>/lib for each <prefix> in CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
>
> ...and similarly for the other find_* commands.

Yes. This is nice for the cmake-code-writer, but not for the cmake user, who doesn't know find_library is involved in the first place.
If someone tells that user "just set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH", he's going to do cmake --help-variable CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, like I did :)
What's cmake --help-variable good for, if it doesn't have all useful variables? Well, ==> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7146 :)

KDE developers, always complaining, I know :)
But at least phonon compiles now so I'm happy :)