automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 3 19:58:38 CEST 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Brad King wrote:
>> Finding lib/automoc4/Automoc4Config.cmake is the exact purpose of
>> find_package().  The CMake 2.6 version is *much* more powerful than 2.4
>> and completely solves the problem.  Please make sure that
>> Automoc4Config.cmake is installed in a way that will work with
>> find_package so that when CMake 2.6 is required it doesn't have to move.
>
> Yes, that works.
> But it also has to work with cmake 2.4, that's why I'm using that FIND_FILE()
> call.

What I'm saying is that you should write it and get it working with
find_package first and then go back and produce an approximation of it
with find_file that is used for 2.4.  That way the final design in a
year when we require 2.6 is the right one and not a compatibility hack
like the current foo_LIB_DEPENDS stuff.

-Brad