automoc4 from kdesupport now supported for building KDE

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 19:53:14 CEST 2008

Done, http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7146

> I guess blogging about this once wasn't enough...
> ...how could anybody not remember all details from the blog of some KDE
> developer...

Blogging? What's that? I don't have time to read blogs -and- mailinglists and fix kde bugs, sorry :)

> Hmm, techbase...

Yes -- and of course the cmake documentation itself (added CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to report 7146...)

> > A more standard solution (except on windows) would be a pkgconfig file I guess...
>
> If you install automoc to a custom location, you would also have to adjust the
> PKGCONFIG_PATH (or what the name is) env. var, so it doesn't help for the
> basic issue.

Sure it would need to be set, but it would help because it's more standard, so more commonly known ;)
I already do this to PKG_CONFIG_PATH:
headCat PKG_CONFIG_PATH $DBUSDIR/lib/pkgconfig
headCat PKG_CONFIG_PATH $QTDIR/lib/pkgconfig
headCat PKG_CONFIG_PATH /d/other/inst/icecream/lib/pkgconfig
headCat PKG_CONFIG_PATH /d/other/inst/lib/pkgconfig # for qca
headCat PKG_CONFIG_PATH /d/kde/inst/kdesupport_trunk/lib/pkgconfig
:)