Help Rewriting kdepim/akonadi/agents/nie/CMakeLists.txt

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jul 24 00:25:47 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008 18:00:41 Brad King wrote:
> > You cannot have something that runs at build time generate a list of
> > files to be used during the same build.  All the build rules have to be
> > generated ahead of time.
>
> Right, that's exactly what I'm experiencing.
>
> > You can run nepomuk-rcgen during the cmake configuration step with
> > execute_process, but that will run every time and not have dependencies.
>
> That's the current situation and what I'm trying to change.

Can you create a file which includes all created files and compile only that
one ? This might make it easier.

The principal problem (similar to automoc) is that you have a set of source
files and additionally you want to detect at buildtime (i.e. during the
build, while the makefiles are processed or while the project file is loaded)
that more files have to be processed (here: compiled, automoc: moc'ed).
This cannot really work since the file which describes the build is currently
being processed and would have to be changed while being processed and these
changes would have to become active during the same build.