Current kdelibs linker error

Sune Vuorela Sune at vuorela.dk
Wed Jul 23 01:56:14 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 01:13:53 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> ASAP we'd like to use a reduced "link interface" for the shared libs under
> Linux (and probably all other UNIX-like OSs). I don't know about Windows.

yay. Looking forward to that - that would be fewer distro patches in debian.

> While this is convenient, this has two drawbacks (at least on Linux):

> -binary packages have more dependencies than strictly necessary

And also has the drawback about what's required to recompile in general. For
example if e.g. kdeui uses libfoo (libfoo.so.1), but kdeui doesn't expose
libfoo to the public and libfoo changes SONAME, with linking recursively, you
would have to recompile anything using kdeui, while in new mode, you would
have to recompile kdeui only.  That's also win for everyone.

/Sune
 - looking forward to getting required only linking the default.
--
How may I get access over a pin from ICQ?

First you should send a shell for booting the GUI of the connector to the
modem on the parallel head on a serial processor.