-O2 in Debug build?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 22:38:50 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whats the reasoning behind using -O2 in the Debug CXX flags? A debug
> build shouldn't use _any_ optimizations IMHO.

I think there were lengthy discussion about the flags for the different build
types. I guess this was the result.
/me hasn't slept a lot this week, so I don't feel like searching for this now

> And the _DEBUGFULL versions are meaningless as there's no such buildtype
> (at least with cmake 2.6).

You can define your own build modes by setting these variables and then
setting the buildtype to that identifier.