FindAutomoc4 doesn't find automoc when installing in different dir

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jul 12 01:11:19 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some test-project I just executed cmake as "cmake .." in
> <project>/build. The CMakeLists.txt contains a find_package(KDE4), but
> this fails because automoc4 isn't found.
>
> As far as I can see FindAutomoc4 makes it impossible to install automoc4
> into a different prefix than any package that depends on it

Wrong, I do that, and I set
 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=/d/kde/inst/kdesupport_trunk
when calling cmake 1.6.

See previous post from me about this here, where I was told about this option
(and equivalent options for cmake 1.4)

I do agree that it's a bit annoying that one has to pass this every time, but
well, how could cmake guess where it is? I guess an alternative would be
an env var, or a pkgconfig file [which is also found via an env var, indirectly].