FindBoost.cmake

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 12 00:55:02 CEST 2008

On 11.07.08 16:29:56, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008 17:48:41 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> > What does CMakeCache.txt say about boost? Whats the error message?
>
> Error:

> -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
> -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
> + boost, 1.33.1: Boost C++ Libraries <http://www.boost.org>
> Required to build Umbrello.
>
> CMakeCache not shows any error, and is even defining this:
> //Advanced flag for variable: Boost_INCLUDE_DIR
> Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
> //Advanced flag for variable: Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS
> Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
> //The library version string for boost libraries
> Boost_LIB_VERSION:INTERNAL=1_35
> //Advanced flag for variable: Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED
> Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
> //The version number for boost libraries
> Boost_VERSION:INTERNAL=103500

This is strange, it found the right version, but didn't set the
Boost_INCLUDE_DIR variable into the cache.

> > Does /usr/include/boost/config.hpp exist? Does it contain a proper
> > #define BOOST_VERSION and #define BOOST_LIB_VERSION? What boost version
> > is that?
>
> config.hpp exists
> defines are not there, version is 1.35

Aah, sorry. Its version.hpp actually :)

Can you print out the value of Boost_INCLUDE_DIR at line 319 in
kdelibs/cmake/module/FindBoost.cmake via

message("FindBoost::INCLUDE_DIR: ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR}")

Unfortunately without a way to reproduce this its pretty impossible for
me to debug this (except by asking you to put debug messages into
kdelibs FindBoost.cmake and then telling me the output).

Andreas

--
You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.